BAPVC Request for Proposals

New High-Impact Concepts in Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Module Packaging

Frequenty Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q:  We have been asked if National Laboratories of the Department of Energy can participate as sub-tier awardees under the award to an educational institution.

A:  Yes. In fact eligibility for awards requires participation by a partner from a National Laboratory of the Department of Energy. The RFP states: "Investigators from all domestic educational institutions are eligible to respond. Proposed budgets should include amounts requested for both the educational institution and lab capabilities use. Other entities including for-profit or nonprofit entities, FFRDCs, state or local government entities are not eligible to apply for funding." Only domestic educational institutions may apply. FFRDC's may participate in the application from an educational institution. FFRDC's may not apply independently nor lead the application with an eligible respondent.

Q:  Does the proposal due on 02/28/17 need to be signed by the institution's authorized official?
A:  No, it does not. The required template acts as the white paper or concept paper and only needs to be signed by the participating PI(s).
Q:  When is the signature from the institution's authorized official needed?
A:  When a project is selected and a full proposal is requested from the PI. The BAPVC will review all submitted concept papers that are due on 02/28/17, select awards they would like to fund, and request full proposals from the selected projects to be awarded.